For the tenth year in a row, Bormio will be hosting the English Alpine Championships: from February Saturday 11th to Friday 17, 2017 the Italian ski resort will literally be invaded by thousands of people - tourists and athletes - from the United Kingdom.
The 21st edition of the champs will be inaugurated during the Opening Ceremony which will take place on Saturday from 6:30 pm. All the athletes will be joining a parade along the streets of Bormio and accompanied by the local philarmonic band. The walk will start from the SS. Crocefisso square to the Ski Stadium Atleti Azzurri d'Italia. Also, the local ski instructors will be performing a torchlight parade with skis on the Stelvio slope.
For what concerns the competition, the athletes will be battling on the Stelvio and Stella Alpina slopes. The schedule includes races of slalom, giant slalom, super-g and floodlit parallel slalom.
English Alpine Championships 2017: the schedule
- Sunday February 12th | NJR Slalom Stelvio slope | U10/12 Giant Slalom Stella Alpina slope
- Monday February13th | FIS Slalom Stelvio slope | U14/U16 Slalom Stella Alpina slope
- Tuesday February 14th | FIS Super-G Stelvio slope | U14/U16 Giant Slalom Stella Alpina slope
- Wednesday February 15th | FIS Alpine Combined Stelvio slope | U10/12 Combi Stella Alpina slope
- Thursday February 16th | NJR Giant Slalom Stella Alpina slope | U14/U16 Super-G Stelvio slope
- Friday February 17th | FIS Giant Slalom Stella Alpina slope | U14/U16 Champs Super-G Stelvio slope
For further information about the event visit the official website www.snowsportengland.org.uk
FEBRUARY 9, 2017