We are so close to the inauguration of the new downhill tracks on the Mt. Vallecetta… Save the date on your calendar: on Saturday August 9, 2014 Bormio is debutting into the national gravity panorama presenting three brand new tracks.
The project Bormio Bike is about to fly as the downhill enthusiasts will be flying with their bikes here in Bormio. This kind of sport is not well known here in the “Magnificent Land” yet but we are sure that it will attract many newbies and pros from all over Italy and abroad. Bormio has been added to the bike park’s list of the peninsula and it’s already in the spotlight thanks to the collaboration with Gravitalia. In fact on September 13-14 Bormio Bike will close the summer season with the Grand Finale of the Italian Downhill Champs.
The dh tracks start from Conca Valbella, situated at 2,527 m and arrive to Bormio 2000, at precisely 1, 952 m. To reach Valbella the riders have to get all the way up to 3,000 meters onboard of the cablecar “Whitelady3000” and then follow a transfer path.
From Saturday three tracks of easy difficulty will be open:
1) Valbella | blue | Easy and fun track, suitable for anyone. Parabolic curves, average gradient and good speed.
2) Golf Club | blue | Terrific trail within the woods and alongside the line of the ski lift Rocca Est. Wooden bridges and parabolic curves. Return to Bormio 2000 on the dirt road “Pozzo dell’acqua”.
3) Cool Ride | blue | Fast single trail with a gentle gradient, perfect to improve your mountain biking skills. Panoramic view from up here.
And from next weekend two other trails will be added to the bike park:
4) Panther | black | Technical track, steep and with narrow passages. It’s the scenery of the National Downhill Champs’ final. Reserved to expert bikers only.
5) Ghost House | rossa | Finish your run with style!!! Wall rail and drop only for pros!
© Bormio Ski Press
For info on Bormio’s bike park: bormiobike.eu