In Bormio (Lombardy, Italy), in the heart of Alta Valtellina, you find Bormio Bike Park: the gravity park that defeats the Law of Gravity. On the mountain that during the winter hosts the champions of skiing with Fis Alpine Ski World Cup, the concept of adrenaline never stops.
The Bormio Bike Park 2018 will be open from 7 July to 2 September and during the following weekends: 8/9 and 15/16 September. Join the fun on the mtb trails of cross country, freeride and downhill stretched along an amazing 1,800-meter vertical.
The trails are served by three lifts (a cableway, a chairlift and a cablecar) which allow you to reach the peak of the mountain in a comfortable and quick way.
At the bike park you will also find a bike rental equipped with the exclusive Trek Session 8 DH bikes and assistance for a great and safe gravity day.
The downhill trails of Bormio Bike Park 2018
The bike park offers 7 trails built for Downhill Mountain Biking , for every level of riding, located on various types of terrain: the stones at 3,000 meters, the soft terrain on the ski runs, the shaped track within the woods among natural and artificial obstacles. Also, there is a north shore and a jump area to give you an amazing adrenaline experience!
For people who want to try Downhill, it is possible to sign up to the Downhill School to discover all the secrets of gravity mountain biking.
Freeride and mountain biking for everyone
Not to be missed, a freeride itinerary within the Stelvio National Park: an epic adventure of 13 km all downhill. The bike park has also hundreds of km for cross country mountain biking suitable for everyone.
Bormio Bike Park’s milestones
- June 2012 | introduction of bike signage on the Mount Vallecetta
- July 2014 | building of downhill trails and opening of bike rental
- 13/14 September 2014 | Bormio Bike Park hosts the final of Circuito Nazionale Gravitalia
- 26/27 September 2015 | Bormio Bike Park hosts the Round #4 of Circuito Nazionale Gravitalia
- 25/26 June 2016 | Bormio Bike Park hosts the Round #3 of Circuito Nazionale Gravitalia
- July 2016 | summer opening of the chair lift Bormio 2000-Cimino
- 22/23 July 2017 | Bormio Bike Park hosts the Italian Downhill Championship